Inspirational Christopher Columbus Quotes:
If you are looking for famous, amazing inspirational Christopher Columbus Quotes then you are in the right place.
Here are 45 Amazing Inspirational Christopher Columbus quotes which really inspire you.
This Article will fulfill your desired Christopher Columbus Quotes for kids and as well as another aspect.
While tow school of thought is found about Christopher Columbus. On one hand has started human slave trade, destroyed Native communities while he landed on the Bahamas and he never actually discovered America.
On the other hand, he played a significant role in the history of the world, introduced a new culture, food, and mutual connection between America and Europe.
Christopher Columbus was an Italian explorer, navigator, trader, and colonizer.
He started his career as a maritime sailor when he was just 14 years old.
Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand helped and sponsored him for his dreamy voyage. He discovered new world America.
His inspirational quotes give you push up this day.
Read to find out more about Christopher Columbus.
Christopher Columbus Quotes About Business:
1. Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World.
Christopher Columbus quotes About order to native:
2. As soon as I arrived in the Indies, in the first island which I found, I took some of the natives by force, in order that they might learn and might give me information of whatever there is in these parts. And so it was that they soon understood us, and we them, either by speech or by signs, and they have been very serviceable.
Christopher Columbus quotes About Gold:
About Gold Value
3. Gold is a treasure, and he who possesses it does all he wishes to in this world and succeeds in helping souls into paradise.
Christopher Columbus quotes About Wish:
About Wish and Dream
4. These people are very unskilled in arms… with 50 men they could all be subjected and made to do all that one wished.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Cuba:
5. The Indians on board said that thence to Cuba was a voyage in their canoes of a day and a half; these being small dug-outs without a sail. Such is their canoes. I departed thence for Cuba, for by the signs the Indians made of its greatness, and of its gold and pearls, I thought that it must be Cipango.
Christopher Columbus quotes about the findings:
6. Tomorrow morning before we depart, I intend to land and see what can be found in the neighborhood.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Map:
7. For the execution of the voyage to the Indies, I did not make use of intelligence, mathematics or maps.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Tides:
8. Stood off and on during the night, determining not to come to anchor till morning, fearing to meet with shoals; continued our course in the morning; and as the island was found to be six or seven leagues distant, and the tide was against us, it was noon when we arrived there.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Understanding:
9. Each day we understand better what the Indians say, and they us, so that very often we are intelligible to each other.
Christopher Columbus quotes about purposes:
10. For this purpose, I determined to keep an account of the voyage and to write down punctually every thing we performed or saw from day to day, as will hereafter appear.
Christopher Columbus quotes about preparation:
11. I propose to construct a new chart for navigating, on which I shall delineate all the sea and lands of the Ocean in their proper positions under their bearings; and further, I propose to prepare a book, and to put down all as it were in a picture, by latitude from the equator, and western longitude.
Christopher Columbus quotes about future wish:
About Future Wish
12.I am not solicitous to examine particularly everything here, which indeed could not be done in fifty years, because my desire is to make all possible discoveries and return to your Highness’s, if it pleases our Lord, in April.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Feelings:
13. There are trees of a thousand sorts, and all have their several fruits; and I feel the most unhappy man in the world not to know them, for I am well assured that they are all valuable. I bring home specimens of them, and also of the land.
Christopher Columbus Quotes About Believe:
14. I believe that there are many herbs and many trees that are worth much in Europe for dyes and for medicines, but I do not know, and this causes me great sorrow. Arriving at this cape, I found the smell of the trees and flowers so delicious that it seemed the pleasantest thing in the world.
Christopher Columbus quotes About Purchasing:
15. I saw a boy of the crew purchasing javelins of them with bits of platters and broken glass.
Christopher Columbus was fantastic but controversial figure wanna know about Christopher Columbus then here is
Columbus quotes about native house shape:
About Native House
16. Their houses are all built in the shape of tents, with very high chimneys.
Christopher Columbus quotes About Voyage Condition:
17. Sailed this day nineteen leagues, and determined to count less than the true number, that the crew might not be dismayed if the voyage should prove long
Christopher Columbus quotes About Nature:
18. The air soft as that of Seville in April, and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
Christopher Columbus quotes about the dream:
19. “Life has more imagination than we carry in our dreams.”
Christopher Columbus quotes about hard work:
About Hard work
20. “Thus God gives victory to those who follow His way over apparent impossibilities.”
Christopher Columbus quotes about discovery:
21. “It is easy to discover what another has discovered before.”
Christopher Columbus quotes about the goal:
22. “I’m telling you that India is that way, now set my course.”
Christopher Columbus quotes about priorities:
23. “Goals are simply tools to focus your energy in positive directions, these can be changed as your priorities change, new one added, and others dropped.”
Christopher Columbus quotes about God:
24. “Thanks be to God.”
Christopher Columbus quotes about Destination and goal:
25. By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination.
Christopher Columbus quotes about lands:
26. When there are such lands there should be profitable things without number.
Christopher Columbus quotes about believe:
27. I believe that this land which your Highnesses have commanded me to discover is very great and that there are many other lands in the south of which there have never been reports.
Christopher Columbus quotes about to believe in God
28. Your Highnesses have an Other World here, by which our holy faith can be so greatly advanced and from which such great wealth can be drawn.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Courage:
29. One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. Variants include “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
Christopher Columbus quotes about achievement:
30. Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. Those that are enlightened before the others are condemned to pursue that light in spite of the others.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Belief:
31. And they know neither sect nor idolatry, with the exception that all believe that the source of all power and goodness is in the sky, and they believe very firmly that I, with these ships and People, came from the sky, and in this belief they everywhere received me, after they had overcome their fear.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Opinion:
33. It is true that after they have been reassured and have lost this fear, they are so artless and so free with all they possess, that no one would believe it without having seen it. Of anything they have, if you ask them for it, they never say no; rather they invite the person to share it and show as much love as if they were giving their hearts.
Christopher Columbus quotes Giving:
34. No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Savior if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service. The working out of all things has been assigned to each person by our Lord, but it all happens according to His sovereign will, even though He gives advice. He lacks nothing that is in the power of men to give Him. Oh, what a gracious Lord, who desires that people should perform for Him those things for which He holds Himself responsible! Day and night, moment by moment, everyone should express their most devoted gratitude to Him.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Secrete of Nature:
About Secrete Of Nature
35. I went to see from the most tender age and have continued in a sea life to this day. Whoever gives himself up to this art wants to know the secrets of Nature here below. It is more than forty years that I have been thus engaged. Wherever anyone has sailed, there I have sailed.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Ambition:
36. Thus the eternal God, our Lord, gives victory to those who follow His way over apparent impossibilities.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Glory:
About Christian Religion
37. And I say that Your Highnesses ought not to consent that any foreigner does business or sets foot here, except Christian Catholics, since this was the end and the beginning of the enterprise, that it should be for the enhancement and glory of the Christian religion, nor should anyone who is not a good Christian come to these parts.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Miracle:
38. Of this voyage, I observe, that it has miraculously been shown, as may be understood by this writing, by the many signal miracles that He has shown on the voyage, and for me, who for so great a time was in the court of Your Highnesses with the opposition and against the opinion of so many high personages of your household, who were all against me, alleging this undertaking to be folly, which I hope in Our Lord will be to the greater glory of Christianity, which to some slight extent already has happened.
Christopher Columbus quotes about God’s Help:
About God's Help
39. It is hoped that by God’s assistance, some of the continents in the Ocean will be discovered … for the Glory of God.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Gold Importance:
About Gold Importance
40. With gold, a man can do anything. It even sends souls to paradise.
Christopher Columbus quotes God’s Mercy:
About God's Mercy
41. I am a most noteworthy sinner, but I have cried out to the Lord for grace and mercy, and they have covered me completely. I have found the sweetest consolation since I made it my whole purpose to enjoy His marvelous Presence.
Christopher Columbus quotes about religion love :
About Religion Love
42. Weep for me, whoever has charity, truth and justice! I did not come on this voyage for gain, honor or wealth that is certain; for then the hope of all such things was dead. I came to Your Highnesses with honest purpose and sincere zeal, and I do not lie. I humbly beseech Your Highnesses that, if it pleases God to remove me hence, you will help me to go to Rome and on other pilgrimages.
Christopher Columbus quotes Gold & Spice:
About Gold & Spice
43. But in truth, should I meet with gold or spices in great quantity, I shall remain till I collect as much as possible, and for this purpose, I am proceeding solely in quest of them.
Christopher Columbus quotes about Gold Power:
About Gold Power
44. Gold is the most precious of all commodities; gold constitutes treasure and he who possesses it has all he needs in the world, as also the means of rescuing souls from purgatory and restoring them to the enjoyment of paradise.
Christopher Columbus quote about Soul:
45. He who has gold makes and accomplishes whatever he wishes in the world and finally uses it to send souls to paradise.
Share your favorite and inspirational quotes with your friends, family, and colleague so that they can also get inspiration and motivation for the day.
Christopher Columbus | Biography, 4 Voyages, & Discoveries
[the-post-grid id=”1850″ title=””]